Tuesday, July 3, 2007

The Growing Up years...


It puzzles me sometimes when people tried to guess my age. 'Cos the response which I get varied greatly. Most said I look 20-ish, an uncle thought I was 23, and by far one of the most shocking was when an Insurance Agent suddenly stopped me in my tracks while walking at Jurong East Interchange, asking how many children have I already had. Adoii. First question pulak tuh. -____- "Hmm.. U sure you're 19 Diy?" "Oh yes I am!" Big Smile

Hehe. Okay never mind all that. Guess still being a child-at-heart doesn't go in line with how I may portray myself outside. =P Anyways, last Thursday Ibu brought us three sisters and dear younger cousin Faiqah to IMM for a few rounds of window-shopping and the actual spree for stocking kitchen foodstuff at Giant superstore. And my oh my… It's been a long time since I last get a plushie for free! And a super adorable one at that! Thank you so much Ibu… <3 ^_^ Didn't usually buy soft toys on a regular basis, perhaps once in a while only those which really catch my eye like these palm-sized Superman and Spiderman Mashi Maro. Ahh.. uber cute. How nice if I could one day transform them into a Pendekar in Silat attire / apple green baju kurong / or an Arabian warrior complete with a white & gold suit and turban. =P


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


On a different note, the thought of orphans sprung to mind when my friend 'Arafah mentioned about this in her blog. Recently came across an Islamic Relief website too on the subject of sponsoring one (there's a total of 20,000 orphans in 21 countries worldwide currently under the program) [Click Here]. And browsing through Darul Ihsan's and Darul Ma'wa's homepage instantly made me wonder of how the growing up years may be for them.. Going through different experiences, seeing life through the eyes of a child.. masyaAllah. Truly a humbling account in teaching one's heart to be more compassionate and grateful. Pondered for a while on how we could possibly render our help for them.. with continuous support to look after their emotional and spiritual needs being part of it, a twice a month visit at least for a start? wAllahu'alam. Definitely in need of a better plan. Hope the precious young souls are safe in Allah's care right now.. ameen ya Rahman.

But one thing for sure, I do applaud the initiatives run by the local organizations here in taking care of the children's welfare. Darul Ihsan for example, operates two separate orphanages for housing boys and girls, while having an educational financial aid scheme where orphans not staying at the orphanage receive monthly financial assistance. Alhamdulillah.. May Allah places the generous souls among those who receive His Forgiveness and Mercy in this world and the hereafter.. Let's try to do our part too ye? InsyaAllah. =))

The Prophet (may peace be upon him) said:

"I and the person who looks after an orphan will be in Paradise together like this..." - then he raised his forefinger and middle finger together. (Hadith Bukhari)


No comments: