Friday, July 6, 2007

Of Parenthood..


"Akak akak! A mother-to-be over there!"
Can't help myself but to nudge2 my sister Nadiah when we passed by a pregnant lady on our way. And the same thing happens when it comes to seeing babies with pinchable cheeks! Eyes fixed in delight for a few seconds watching them. Hehe… Guess most ladies do share such similar sentiments. Come to think of it, little girls have always been given baby dolls for their playtime too.. a nurturing instinct that comes naturally since young? I believe so.. ((:

And just as I was waiting at the bus-stop the other day, a Muslimah came with a baby stroller and another hand holding her toddler securely. And as usual, liking to secretly observe how young mothers care for their children, I then started to notice something quite different. The mother seemed to be communicating with both her 4 year-old daughter and infant mostly with facial expressions and soft hand gestures, but of course never lacking in showing her tenderness and affection. And as we board the same bus, later did I realize that she was actually hearing-impaired and wasn't able to speak. masyaAllah… my heart really quivered at that point of time.. am definitely struck amazed with her strength of motherhood! Heart was touched deeply indeed.. ^_^


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


The incident did set me thinking on how the mother teaches and guides her children.. sure would be inspiring to be able to know them. (: 'Cos I do recognize how challenging the task is even for normal parents. Imagine the power of our very actions to greatly influence the little ones' upbringing! Definitely a big responsibility that comes with the bundle of happiness. Ya Allah.. I could never thank You enough for blessing me with my two wonderful parents. Raising three daughters with abundance of care and protection, helping us to grow in a much supportive Islamic setting and understanding.. It's beyond my imagination how they manage to do it for all these years. And seeing the video below till the end moved me strongly to tears.. and strengthen my love for them even more.. :') Dear Allah.. Do guide me to follow well in their footsteps..




P/S: Suddenly thought of some names like Zayd Hamzah & Faiz Husni, Farah Murshidah & Sarah Sakeenah for twin baby boys and girls.. Wheee~ Heheh =D 


No comments: