Sunday, December 23, 2007

Of dreams and Cairo


It is interesting how dreams could sometimes come with startling storylines. Of how suddenly you may even see your own family and friends inside, appearing in often a mixture of real and imaginary characters and places. Although that very fact could actually be scary if you ask me. ‘Cos if I did experience having familiar faces emerging inside my own, chances are I might (unknowingly) surfaced inside others too? *Oh dear..* >_<

Just as how there was this one incident 3 years back as my friends and I were in class mugging for the O-levels, when out of the blue Hannah exclaimed, “Diyana!! I actually dreamt that you were already someone’s fiancĂ©e last night!” A whattt?? Mak uihh siangnye :P But we had a good laugh over it. Hehe. So yeah.. just hope there’s no bad stuffs whatsoever, only nice ones if we do appear in other’s sleep eh? Ameen ameen~


Photobucket


Talking about this.. just recently a stranger with a songkok did turn up in mine. No face I could recall of, but surprisingly his name did last in my mind till now. Sunardi, it was. Yes, probably Indonesian. :D What made it so striking was perhaps because his character was really gentlemanly; what with his gentle voice and calm persona, concerned enough to stop by and ask nicely if I needed any help after my fall right in front of Causeway Point >_< Aisey.. What an encounter. Then just when I entered a bus and turned around, the doors closed before he could even manage to get inside. Now, why was I feeling sad when the bus took me far far away? ‘Cos maybe.. such a feeling rarely settles inside, it’s a lil saddening when it’s taken away, even if it’s only a dream? O_o Hmmm…

Oh cut it out now diy. Heh. =P But but! I thought someone by that name didn’t actually exist, but a quick google search (was all enthusiastic to try) eventually led me to this picture of a Pak Ahmad Sunardi, an Indonesian Maestro in Keroncong Music. Waaah! hehe :D Guess maybe too much of reading novels in Bahasa Indonesia had put an effect on me since my last infatuation with Pak Habiburrahman El-Shirazy’s “Ketika Cinta Bertasbih”.


Photobucket

El-Sultan Hassan Mosque and El-Refai Mosque, Cairo – Egypt by Muhammad Eissa


Set in a similar scenario of Al-Azhar university students just like in his previous novel “Ayat-Ayat Cinta”, what’s amazing is that not only were there one main narrator in the story, but there are nearly 5 lead characters telling their own accounts interchangeably which I personally found them very much inspirational. Khairul Azzam, Fadhil, Anna Althafunnisa, Furqan & Cut Malahayati.. it’s hard not to be moved by their endearing qualities as good Muslims and full of youthful drive and aspirations! Am definitely much enthused just by reading those very passages. Kept a collection of their quotes safe for future remembrance too (:

I like the fact that through encountering good reads such as this one, do prompt me to go into introspection stage more frequently and take a fresh viewpoint to revive oneself. Reminding of life’s true purpose, back to consciousness, onward to full strength. Now I’m all the more of a determined idealist, wouldn’t mind seeing myself as someone independent who’s willing to strive hard for what she believes ought to fight for. Alhamdulillah, nothing’s futile (at this moment) like matters of love are clouding my head. Allah knows best when that one will come at just the appropriate time. But true enough, I’ll need to go through this one step at a time, learn as much as I go on ahead, and try to live life as how it should best be. May Allah ease the path..

No comments: