Sunday, June 16, 2013

Ayah and His Diary

When I was prolly 10 years old I remember coming across a 3-page document dated 1987 during springcleaning, kept neatly in Ayah's blue file. What caught my interest was seeing how the text looks like it was written using the classic typewriter, and even more touching was the title "Kelahiran Anakku yang Pertama" (or The Birth of My 1st Daughter). MasyaAllah! Ayah wrote this?? I can just imagine how he could have sat on his desk, thinking and typing away to translate those feelings and memories into words..

Adeih, and now I'm tearing because just 5 mins ago my kakak sat beside me, saying that Ibu told her that Ayah actually penned down a story in his notebook too when kakak got married! Seems like we're all pretty sentimental hehehe.. Although he didn't show his writings it warms my heart to know he took the time to do that secretly; apart from other countless awesome things he had devoted for us.. Thank you Ayah and Ibu, because what you have done all these years remind me of how wonderful it is to be a daughter every day of my life. Happy Father's Day! 

No comments: