Friday, June 21, 2013

Finding the Connection

Was at the shop when I turned to see a little girl of four staring at me straight. Both of us had our masks on, but she seemed stunned for a while watching me in my turquoise N95. I gave a little wave, and yay her eyes lit up when she waved back! 

Seeing fellow mask-wearers somehow makes me a bit happy inside -- more for the fact that we strangers appear to have one lil extra thing in common; just as how my heart gets thrilled when I come across someone with a book in the train. Hehe.. Perhaps spotting similarities has become something that I fancy more now.

This passage from Austin Kleon's book comes to mind at this point too: "Share your dots. Find people on the internet who love the same things as you and connect with them. Invite others to wonder with you. You have to be curious about the world in which you live.. Look things up. Chase down every reference. Google everything. Don’t ask a question before you Google it. You’ll either find the answer or you’ll come up with a better question."

No comments: